[Retros] Economy rules

Joost de Heer joost at sanguis.xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 4 05:54:55 EST 2007

> Another point is that I would quite like to retain a lightness of touch in the

> evaluation criteria for chess compositions, except in the domain of tasks

> (where the criteria need to be spelled out explicitly).

I was talking about a task problem. The position has 1 white king, one
black king, 4 neutral pawns, and one extra piece to avoid a cook. This
piece can be a white pawn or a black knight.

I've solved the issue by sending both versions to the editor and let him
choose which is the more economical :).

Joost