[Retros] Echecs artistiques (again)

peter.fayers at virgin.net peter.fayers at virgin.net
Sat Apr 21 04:08:08 EDT 2007

Having played through the solution, I think the definition is
Players may make a double move if they are able to capture the enemy King by so doing; hence any position where such a capture would be possible is check. In the diagrammed position Black is checkmated by the white Queen.
(But I am still unclear as to whether the double move has to be by the same unit; is a simple battery – wRa8, wBc8, bKe8 – check?)
Also, it appears there is a printing error, the position is after White's 26th, so PG 25.5
Peter.