[Retros] Task

Pascal Wassong pascal.wassong at free.fr
Sun Sep 24 03:58:00 EDT 2006

Hello,

The direct link to the thread is:

http://www.france-echecs.com/index.php?mode=showComment&art=20060919215435937

As this is a french forum, all text is in french.

Pascal

>>> What's the link?

>> http://www.france-echecs.com/

Noam> It's still not obvious to me where to go from there to see
Noam> your announcement and the proof games you described.

>>> What does "not least" mean?

>> It means that even if we accept that some capture occurs during
>> the game, we were unable to find a shortest one.

Noam> By "shortest" I guess you mean "shorter" there.

>>> This at least is not optimal:

>>> 1 f3 h5 2 Kf2 h4 3 Qe1 h3 4 Kg3 Nf6 5 Qf2 Rg8 6 Kh4 Se4 7 g3
>>> f5 8 Qg2 Rh8#

>> Very nice game, and quickly realised !

Noam> Thanks, though again it seems that even this is longer than
Noam> necessary.