[Retros] Capture at home + mate at home

raosorio at fibertel.com.ar raosorio at fibertel.com.ar
Tue Oct 31 06:23:34 EST 2006

The theme was presented as,

"A check-mate is given by a piece returning home after having captured ITS
stationary counterpart, this capture being the only one in the whole
game"

There is no doubt on the queen and bishop counterpart but this is not the case
with knight and rook. I think this produced the Nicolas cunfussion at the beggining.
THE (as ITS means) counterpart of the h1 rook should be interpretated as to be the
h8 rook (say,the king side rook). Same for the knight.

So, having in mind the current PGs showing the theme, I think that it should presented
as ".... captured A stationary counterpart " instead of "....ITS...".

Best,
Roberto