[Retros] Codex of Chess Composition (was: 50 moves rule)

Otto Janko otto at janko.at
Fri Dec 29 14:49:45 EST 2006

Thomas Maeder wrote:

> Nothing was changed in Wagningen. It was decided to postpone decisions to

> next year's meeting to allow delegates to consult with their countries'

> composers.

Thomas, unfortunately this does answer my question. When has the current
codex at http://www.sci.fi/~stniekat/pccc/codex.htm been approved, and which
was the codex before the current codex? And the codex before? Obviously,
there were codexes around since 1959:

> The Piran Codex was officially approved and came in

> force on the XXX FIDE Congress in Luxemburg, Sept. 1959.

Best Regards,

- Otto Janko [mailto:otto at janko.at] [http://www.janko.at]
-- Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security,
- will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." [Benjamin Franklin]