[Retros] Orbit 2004 Originals

Christoph Fieberg christoph at fieberg.com
Sun Nov 28 18:36:36 EST 2004

Gligor Denkovski informed me that my retro published in Orbit 24 (October
2004) is C+ in 14,0 moves (as stated and intended) but was cooked by Henrik
Juel in 13,5 moves.

The cook in 13,5 moves by Henrik is a good example which shows that authors
should check all possible shorter solutions than intended by the computer
(as recently discussed) - otherwise the solution might not be C+. Of course
it would be wonderful if such a check could be done automatic by the
programmes.

The retro should be:
r1bqkb1r/pp1ppp1p/2Q5/1B5K/2PP2P1/5PPp/PP6/RN1n2NR
Proof game in *exactly* 14,0 (14+14)

Best regards,
Christoph