[Retros] Lots of recent publications

Noam Elkies elkies at math.harvard.edu
Sun Jul 27 16:47:23 EDT 2003

Andrew writes:

> Thanks to folks who've recently sent documents as attachments.

> I suspect that I may not be the only member of the list who lives

> in the world of Microsoft Outlook Express. Under this regime,

> arriving attachments are classified as safe or unsafe based

> on the file type. If the attachment is deemed unsafe (e.g. for .txt files

>[...]

For that matter, if it's a .txt file, I don't believe there's any reason
to "attach" it at all. I suspect that I'm not the only member of the list
outside the Micros**t world; under Unix, unwrapping attachments is
something of a nuisance, particularly when they are .txt and did not
require attaching to begin with.

Corollary: please do not send .txt files in duplicate in both
.txt and .html format.

Thank you,
--Noam D. Elkies