[Retros] Portoroz Codex Meeting + retro anticipations

Thomas Maeder maeder at glue.ch
Fri Sep 13 11:55:45 EDT 2002

Am 2002.09.13 02:06 schrieb(en) Kevin Begley:

> It seems to me that the decision of Portoroz was not published until

> AFTER the haunted proofgame (by Mestel & Comay) was posted here. Thus,

> the proofgame should still be eligible for first-publication

> elsewhere.

Formally, there wasn't a decision in Portoroz since it was agreed that
no change to the Codex wording is necessary. So the situation hasn't
changed since the discussion we had on this list years ago.

In that discussion, we agreed (IIRC) that a publication in a mailing
list, a solving tourney or in an lecture should not prevent a problem
from later taking part in an informal tourney if the organizer of that
tourney is willing to accept the problem. So, while I agree with your
last sentence, I don't think that it is much of a problem in practice.

--
Thomas