[Retros] Portoroz Codex meeting

Joost de Heer ildjarn666 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 12 18:56:23 EDT 2002

> > There was a Codex subcommittee meeting in Portoroz, in which

> > was decided that originals published on a mailinglist were

> > considered to be first publications. So if you send a composition

> > to this list, you can't send it to another column for first

> > publication.

> > This mailinglist is considered to be 'public', because anyone

> > can register to it.

>This can be changed easily. Additionally, the Web archive could be

>turned off. Would this help? Would this be appreciated by the group?

I can't speak for the whole group, but my answer to both things would be:
Don't do that. My original mail was just a reminder that publication on the
list is regarded as an original publication, just as publication in a
magazine, or showing a composition during a lecture at the WCCC.

Turning off both registration and the archives would make us an elite group,
and the goal of this mailinglist was to reach anyone who is interested in
retro analysis, not to become an elite group.

Joost
--
I'm sitting here alone in darkness, waiting to be free [ Solitude ]
Lonely and forlorn I'm crying [Candlemass]