[Retros] 'round-the-cylinder castlling by default!

Christian Poisson christian.poisson at free.fr
Wed Sep 4 06:44:04 EDT 2002

I don't agree at all with your "should be" : some problems published in 1929
by Zdenek Mach, with castlings on vertical cylinder, were correct (computer
tested) until now, and you are just saying that actually they are no more
correct...
When Etienne composed his problem, he used the same condition as Zdenek
Mach, and he told me last year in Messigny that he did'nt think at all about
"extended castlings"... Be sure that in my database, Etienne's first version
is not marked as "cooked".
No, during more than 70 years, extended castlings were not permitted with
vertical cylinders. So don't say that a vertical cylinder problem is cooked
because of such castlings.

Christian
http://christian.poisson.free.fr/problemesis/