[Retros] Question on SPG conventions

Joost de Heer ildjarn666 at hotmail.com
Fri May 3 05:15:55 EDT 2002

Andrew Buchanan wrote:

>Is there any stylistic convention which would guide the composer in this

>tiny choice?

I don't think there is such a convention. I think such a convention would be
somewhat silly though. Choices like this should (IMO) depend on the author.
The only convention that should be followed is that there may be only one
way to reach the goal. (And yes, a 2 solution proofgame has only one way to
reach the goal, since the goal is to find two proofgames)

I usually try to get a "pretty picture" as final position, but "pretty" is
of course rather subjective.

Joost