[R129 SL] Ride Height

Jason Ahuja jasonahuja at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 23 21:48:42 EDT 2009

I have a 1997 SL500 Sport with about 62,000 miles. It seems to ride about a 1/4-1/2 inch higher on the driver's side front than it does on the passenger side front. Standard suspension for sport model. I have always thought that the car rode a little too high at the front so when I get this problem fixed does anyone know of a way, using factory parts, that would lower the car? I have read somewhere that when the R129 was first introduced the front rode much lower but was raised in the USA using thicker spring pads because customers kept scraping their bumpers. Also when I look at pics of Euro-Spec cars they seem to ride lower at what I think is the right ride height. Anyone know of part numbers for factory Euro-Spec suspension?
Thanks,Jason