[R129 SL] Soft Top and Roll Bar Indicator Lights On - Soft TopControl Unit

Peter S joyce.pm at xtra.co.nz
Wed Apr 8 20:37:17 EDT 2009

Hi Rolfe,
Yes, NZ is great between January and March. Look forward to seeing you if
you come over, so keep in touch. NZ has 7 x Mercedes Benz clubs so there
will be people and cars to see all over the country.

Even though we are small, we have 1895 Benz Velo (I think it is number 2) in
Southwards Museum about an hour's drive South of here - number 1 is in
Stuttgart. The Southwards Museum is apparently the best vehicle museum in
the Southern Hemisphere! They have a MB Gull Wing, Micky Cohen's Gangster
car (complete with bullet ricochets). Marlene Dietrich's Cadillac, and heaps
of other interesting cars - some from the movies. There is a 1929 Wurlitzer
Theatre organ that comes out of the floor (only 6 left in the world), and
it is fully restored and sounds fantastic. Have a look at the website!
http://www.thecarmuseum.co.nz/ .

This year we have had an amazing summer, with only two larger bouts of
precipitation. We had gentle (but cold) rain last night and it is welcomed
as the paddocks are dry at the moment. If we can trust the weather
forecasters, it appears we are in for a fine Easter.

Happy Easter to all and drive safely whether you are on or off the roads.

Kind Regards, Peter S.