[R129 SL] Headlight Wipers on 1997 sl500

rtorchia at aol.com rtorchia at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 16:23:10 EDT 2009

Here is a good one. I have a 1997 sl500 with 42,000 miles on it that is
in immaculate condition (other than I need a new rear section of the
cloth top). I rarely leave it out, but parked it at the train station
in full view of the street. Imagine my amazement when I returned and
saw that someone stole both my headlight wiper blades! They must have
done it carefully because the motors are not damaged. Of course the
blade arms cost over $80 each and to get all of the replacement parts
with inserts will cost me over $200. Unfortunately the wiper arms are
only available from the dealership. To me these are useless but they
come with the car and ought to be there. So watch out where you park
your sl!