[R129 SL] Bad Tires

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 15 10:28:12 EDT 2007

Jan, I also changed out my original wheels and tires (1996 SL500 with 16"
stock set up) I picked up a set of original AMG 18" wheels off of a 1996
Sport Package SL. I really like the look of these wheels and because they
are wider in back they give the SL a more aggressive stance. I looked
around for reasonably priced Z rated tires and found that Michelin had come
out with such a tire under the brand name Rykin Raptor. I was able to
obtain a set of these at just over $400 and had them mounted locally. Right
away I noticed a difference in the ride (it is rougher) but that was
something I expected. This setup certainly meets my expectations for
performance but I have not had them on the car for a full year yet.
Happy Motoring - George