[LargeFormat] Nikon to cease making LF lenses... among other products

johnfrost johnfrost at sprintmail.com
Sat Jan 14 17:00:44 EST 2006

New Article from Nikon's website:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT=130907&TICK=NIKON&STORY=/www/story/01-11-2006/0004247596&EDATE=Jan+11,+2006

Read In Part:

Reshaping Nikon's Film Camera Assortment

With that, the Nikon film camera lineup will be reshaped, allowing more of
Nikon's planning, engineering and manufacturing resources to be focused
on the
digital products that now drive our thriving industry. The measures that
Nikon
will adopt include discontinuing production of all large format Nikkor
lenses
and enlarging lenses, as well as several of our film camera bodies, manual
focus Nikkor interchangeable lenses and related accessories. Sales of these
products will cease as supplies are depleted.
    Importantly, Nikon's film camera business will continue with our
flagship
model F6(TM) and with the FM10(TM), allowing the Nikon brand to continue
serving the two strongest segments of the 35mm film camera market. Both
professionals and dedicated amateurs who continue to view film as their
preferred format along with students in need of an economical camera to
learn
the fundamentals of photography will have ideal Nikon products from which to
choose. Additionally, Nikon will continue to produce the manual focus 85mm
f/2.8D PC Micro-Nikkor(R).
    With the interests of its customers in mind, Nikon will offer continued
post-sale service for products whose production has ceased for a period
of 10
(ten) years from Nikon Inc.'s last date of sale.

SOURCE  Nikon

john (:>)))