[LargeFormat] HP Combi Plan

Les Newcomer LNPhoto at twmi.rr.com
Tue Nov 29 19:28:03 EST 2005

I have used just about every kind of developing tank under the sun.
The Combi tank, like most small tanks, suffers from a restricted fill
port.  If you can see your way to pour the developer in the tank, then
load the rack, drop the rank in cover and go light, it's a very nice
tank.   You'll know when you over-agitate because the film  will  get
dislodged.   Keep a smooth movement and it will be fine.  They're the
only ones that will work with glass plates too, should you ever find
some. :-)

I've gotten good results from the Yankee Agitank as well, but it has
the same problem of filling, it holds more film, but can't invert.
The FR tank does not have a separate rack so I usually poo-poo it
because you have to pour the developer over the film.