[LargeFormat] RE: Correction

tap tyler.a.payne at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 00:40:00 EDT 2005

To keep the echo going, I'm here too.

And speaking of lenses, I wish there were more out there on the web
about creating one's own lenses from scratch. (I'm currently making a
camera, haven't taken a large format picture in my life yet, hence no
expertise of my own to share.)

I have several crummy lens elements I bought from American Science and
Surplus, and I'm still searching for the best way to line them up in a
way that lets me experiment with them, rather than attaching everything
permanently right from the start. My current line of thinking is that
I'll afix them solidly within some threaded juice bottle tops, then I
can interchange them with others mounted similarly in the opposing
threads.

I suspect I'll end up buying some decent elements and follow the
precise instructions and focal lengths outlined in the book Primitive
Photography.