[LargeFormat] Correction

Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 21 19:52:08 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leigh Solland (on Chickadee)"
<solland at telusplanet.net>
To: "f32 Large Format Photography Mail List"
<largeformat at f32.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Correction

>>On 21/7/05 4:39 am, "Richard Knoppow"
>><dickburk at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>

>>>BTW, is anyone there? There has been no traffic for quite
>>>some time.
>>>

> I'm here.  Took my 13-year-old out today, shooting with a
> Miniature Speed Graphic that I acquired recently.  He was
> pretty intimidated at first, but after a while, he
> allowed, "Hey, this isn't too bad."
> Dad ran the light meter and carried the bag, so Son could
> concentrate on finding his masterpiece shots.  The
> mosquitoes gave us a hard time, but we prevailed in the
> end.
>
> He only messed up two pictures, one by forgetting to close
> the shutter before removing the dark slide, and the other
> by crushing a film with a dark slide.  I had loaded 14
> sheets into film holders, so we developed the full 12 that
> my rack will carry.  You'd think we were psychic.
>
> We got the films developed an hour or so ago, so they are
> drying.  Will try to print tomorrow morning.
>
> Much fun.
>
> Leigh

   Having a film come out when pulling out the dark slide is
pretty common. Its easy to think the film has gotten under
both rails of the holder when its just lying on top of one.
I've had 8x10 sheets come right out in the camera.
  The Miniature Speed Graphic is a neat little camera. I
have one I restored. I have to get another roll adaptor for
it. I have a very late Singer version, a good holder, but it
won't go into the spring back with a spring kit adaptor
because things stick out of it preventing it from seating
properly. Sheet film is very difficult to find.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk at ix.netcom.com