[LargeFormat] End of an Era at Arizona Highways

Schuyler Grace schuyler at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 21 19:07:01 EDT 2005

Yup, these are pinholes, for sure.  As soon as I spotted the first one on
the light table, I checked to be sure (in Arizona, we have plenty of dust,
and the house cats that think they want to be LF photographers when they
grow up don't help by shedding on everything in sight).  The way I see it,
if I'm the cause, I kick myself and get out the spotting brush.  But I'd
think Kodak would have some pretty stiff quality control to keep this from
happening on their end.  Luckily, I got a second shot of each image, so it
isn't the end of the world.

That said, I found one sheet with two pinholes and two more with one each
out of a box of fifty sheets.  But I have never found a single pinhole in
any of the hundreds of sheets of TMax 100 4x5 and 8x10 I've shot over the
years (plenty of dust and stray hairs, though).  This is only my second box
of TMax 400, and perhaps I'm being too picky, or my statistical number just
came up all at once with this box.

Is it just me, or has anyone else run into this issue?

-Schuyler