[largeformat] value on 11x14 lens

Ted Harris tedharris at mac.com
Tue Jun 14 20:41:17 EDT 2005

You dropped you own it is a strange attitude in a business/formal
education situation, at least to me.  I am a photographer, an
educator and teach in large format workshops.  In fact, Richard
Ritter and I are doing one this weekend.  The point being that every
piece of photo equipment that I own is insured as part of my business
policy.  If someone drops a lens at a workshop I will be very very
very unhappy and may try to collect something from them but the
bottom line is that my recourse is my replacement value insurance
policy.  I can't understand any kind of a business that lets people
use its equipment, or otherwise puts it at risk by taking it
outdoors, etc. .... doing so without being adequately insured.  In
this instance a school is a business.  Sorry for sounding harsh but
the cost of insurance only seems expensive until you have one
uninsured loss like this.

Ted