[largeformat] value on 11x14 lens

LNPhoto LNPhoto at twmi.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 19:48:16 EDT 2005

Actually in was more of a "you dropped it, now you own it" sorta thing.
  He was a "guest teacher/assisting a teacher with a pin hole room
project and somebody within the school dropped the lens.  Now they have
to buy it.  It was in good user condition, I"m sure there were
scratches visible with a 10x loupe but considering something this size
is used for contacts and maybe 4x enlargements, the lens was excellent
(and still is, but the filter threads aren't)

In any case the buracracy needs something to hang their hat on before
they open the purse strings.   Three or four emails from 11x14 users
finishing the sentence.  "A fair price to pay for this lens is ______."
Will do the trick.  So far we've gotten ranges but $200-$500 or
$300-$600 doesn't help the trustees much.