[largeformat] value on 11x14 lens

Ted Harris tedharris at mac.com
Tue Jun 14 19:15:17 EDT 2005

If this is an insurance question and they have a full replacement
value policy then the simplest way to approach it is to look at the
prices of the only two triple convertible lenses available in the new
market today:  1) the plasmat set available from Ron Wisner and the
Cooke Optics triple convertible with a street price of 2500 + the
cost of a #3 shutter.  Realistically this is not the same lens as the
focal lengths are different and Wisner usually can't deliver.  If you
aren't talking full replacement value then the value depends on the
condition before the drop ... was it scrungy?  Was it perfect, etc?
Check with lens & Repor for a value on the Gundlach ... they are high
so that will be good for insurance purposes.