[LargeFormat] Big Old Cave

Stein rstein at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 10 21:05:33 EDT 2005

Dear John,

     What an intriguing idea! I like it.

    The curvature of the roll film might be a problem - after all the side
rails of a film holder are just there to locate the sheet. But if I go into
the darkroom and unwind a fresh roll of thick-base 120 - like Portra - and
then reverse wind it back onto itself, and tape it shut.... A few days
sitting to reverse the tension and it might run fairly flat off the reel.
Then the trimming to 9 cm could be done on a simple guillotine.

    I shall experiment.

     Uncle Dick