[LargeFormat] Film Cutter (was Big Old Cave)

Leigh Solland (on Chickadee) solland at telusplanet.net
Wed Jun 8 10:35:52 EDT 2005

Paul Moshay wrote:

>Sounds like a good idea and it seems to work for you.  How about a rubber
>roller that has a small groove in the center to hold the film down over the
>cutter.  That way it would not scratch the film like a sliding clampdown
>would and keep the bloodletting to as minimum.

Thank you, Paul.  That sounds like the beginning of an excellent idea.

If the roller has a groove, it would have to travel with the adjustable
blade.  However, maybe it doesn't have to be that close to the cutting
edge, just near the blade, in which case it could travel with the
movable fence.  Or maybe there needs to be another fixed fence on the
right side, so the roller (or rollers, before and after the blade?)
could be attached permanently on both ends.  The movable fence could
still travel between the two fixed sides to adjust for different sizes
of stock being fed in.

Anyway, I will give it some more thought, because I think this is the
key to the solution.

Leigh