[LargeFormat] Power supply for a Durst 450 CLS head.

Georges Giralt georges.giralt at free.fr
Fri Apr 8 00:00:04 EDT 2005

Peter Barry a écrit :
> Hi to all,
>
> The transformer which powers the 450 CLS head on my ageing Durst L1200
> enlarger has just had the last rites pronounced on it.  Replacement
> transformer units seem to be a little rare on the second hand market, so
> does anyone know how to rig up an alternative 24 V 450 W power supply?
>
> ...Peter Barry
Hi Peter !
Is it the plain transformer supply or the Electronic stabilized power
supply ?
If it is the first case, you will be able to change parts as they are
pretty simple and common.
If it is the electronic stuff, and if the problem is not obvious, you
may be able to request a schematics from Durst in Italy (try to fill the
request form on their web site).
If it has smoked beyond repair (it is now obsolete technology so
difficult to repair anyway) you may replace all the stuff inside except
the proxy for the head fan by a simple 24 V output transformer like the
one used in halogen lighting. Choose a toroidal one as they are better
at hum and efficiency and go to print. You will have to re wire the head
connector if you suppress all the electronic, but I've got the
echematics somewhere, if you need.
Hope this helps
P.S. keep in mind that the head fan is high voltage, mine is 220 V (a
European version, so you've to feed this voltage to the head) and that
you've to check the solderings in the head and in the conector. Bad
solders caused my power supply's fuse to blow.
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière