[LargeFormat] Is there anybody out there

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Fri Aug 6 18:16:00 2004

> seen any traffic.  Is the list still alive?

Yep, it's been pretty quiet, but seemingly still alive. I suppose most folks
are off on summer vacation (at least in the northern hemisphere).

In my own life, LF's been midly frustrating this week.  I just got a used
150 f/5.6 Sironar-N, and it's taken me ages to round up the right materials
and the time(!) to manufacture a new lens board for my ancient Calumet
CC-400. Tonight I get to paint the back of the board black, though, and if
the weather cooperates on Saturday, I may actually get to *use* the darned
thing!  It should be a refreshingly crisp change from my 1912 Zeiss-Jena
Tessar, and with a modern shutter, too!

Cheers,
\donw in Victoria