[LargeFormat] Just quiet or out of order?

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 30 17:36:06 2004

A lens hood would help, but it has no threads and I'm not likely to use
it once (if) I get my shutter back.  I shoot exclusively with a 90 SA
(older, but does the job), so don't think the 127mm or whatever it is
will see much use in the future.  I did shade the lens, but found that
bright areas seemed to flare quite badly.  This might be the look that
others like in old glass, but it doesn't work for me.  At least not on
the images I like.

I don't know, but wonder if there are cemented elements on this lens.
The imperfections I can see under a bright light don't seem to be on any
of the surfaces (I cleaned them well).  Maybe this is just old cement -
don't know what that looks like.

Brock