[LargeFormat] Peak Loupes

Patrick Pitzer largeformat@f32.net
Tue Mar 16 08:05:20 2004

I have been looking for a good loupe to use for ground glass viewing, and
had decided on the Peak loupe with a suction cup for GG attachment. I had
look at prices all over the web, and found the best price to be from Peak's
own website, $26.00.

Well I went through their registration process, checked my order, and chose
my shipping option. Then after entering my card info, I came to the final
order confirmation page. There I find that since my order is under $50, they
are going to charge me the $11 difference to make my order $50.

I am a consumer, but it is not my job to pay a variable rate for a company's
product. I have voiced this opinion to Peak, and now to you. I will never
buy one of their products, and this experience has made me feel good about
paying much more for a Schnieder or Rodenstok loupe, as I know their
companies, and qualities.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Patrick Pitzer
Raleigh, NC