[LargeFormat] Chicago...tripods and the law

Georges Giralt largeformat@f32.net
Thu Feb 19 14:54:22 2004

Hi !
Some years ago the member card of "Federation Française de Photographie"
(french member of FIAP) was with a blue, white and red stripes like the
French flag and most or all the officials cards. This helped a lot being
not bothered by policemen of poor value ;-)
Alas, this time is long gone... This member card has not more value
thant yesterday, but having changed it's design serves as nothing good,
especially during these times of anti terrorist foolishness..
But I can't say it helps a photographer to be able to provide an
"official" card whith is picture actually stating that he _is_ a
photographer... It reduce the harassment.
The problem is that when young I've been told that my better lens is and
will always be my tripod, so I can't go handheld ...
Cheers