[LargeFormat] Rodenstock Sironar-N (240mm f5.6) question

Vince Dobson largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 6 09:30:04 2004

Here is that lens that has sold on Ebay -- but it was on a Sinar board - so
that will skew the results, but in case you want to look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2973766306&category=30076

Vince Dobson
Visions In Nature
www.visionsinnature.com

-----Original Message-----
From: largeformat-admin@f32.net [mailto:largeformat-admin@f32.net]On
Behalf Of Gavin Hubbard
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 4:27 AM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: [LargeFormat] Rodenstock Sironar-N (240mm f5.6) question

Hello list

I'm looking at buying some equipment from a retiring local pro
photographer.

The item I'm most interested in is a nice Rodenstock Sironar-N 240mm
MC f5.6 lens. It is mounted on a Copal 3 shutter with a Toyo lens board.
The original lens caps are included. The serial number indicates a
manufacturing date of ~1987 and the lens has had one owner since new.
The condition is very good and the glass is flawless.

I've been asked to 'make a fair offer' for the lens. Unfortunately the
market in NZ is too small here to get any meaningful info from local
dealers.

So in a nutshell, what would be a fair price to offer for this lens? I've
had
a look on EBay but there aren't enough data points there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Gavin Hubbard