[LargeFormat] Eskofot Ultragon

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Sun Oct 26 15:38:06 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Hemenway" <Jim@hemenway.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Eskofot Ultragon

> Hi Les:
>
> It's an RB Super D Graflex 4x5 and has been fitted with a
Graflok back.
> The Grafmatic is marked "Grafmatic Film holder"  and below
that a logo
> image of a Graflex, and to the right of that "45" Graphic.
>
> So, after reading your message I don't know what I have,
but suspect
> that it's for the Graphic rather than the Graflex, and
that it fits my
> Graflex because of the Graflok back.... Is there a
Graphlok back?

> Thanks for the info.
>
> I didn't know that a Grafmatic was made for 2x3, I'll have
to keep my
> eyes open for one.
>
> I sure wish that their marketing folks had standardized on
"f" or "ph".

> Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

  I have one of the 2x3 Grafmatics which came with a
Miniature Speed Graphic. Its really a bit thick for the
original spring back but will work.
  My Super-D also has a Graflok back, some came from the
factory that way, but most Graflex and Graphic cameras can
be refitted with them with very little surgery.
  The "Graphic 45" accessories are meant for the Grafmatic
so its a perfect mate.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA