[LargeFormat] A rich mans hobby!

LNphoto largeformat@f32.net
Fri Oct 24 13:21:11 2003

Now it may be just a temporary glitch, but it seems the price of
Anniversary Speeds have plummeted.  4 or 5 years ago I bought an Anny
for $150 in good shape and thought I stole it.   I used to tell
students that you could get an ugly, but useable Speed for $150. Today
I just bought a darn good wartime anny for $62! another beater for $42.
  and they weren't mislabeled either.  4 or 5 years ago I saw an Anny
sell on ebay for $600 and at sales for $300.

Pacemakers have suffered of late too.  In 1986 I bought a exc  Crown
Special with 5 holders a Graflite with both reflectors for $175, out of
Shutterbug, so it wasn't a steal.  In 1996 a dealer had an identical
camera in equal or better shape for sale for $500.  I thought to myself
I shoulda taken better care of mine, but then realized I made enough
money putting those scratches on my camera to buy this new one 20 times
over.  Last week on ebay there was an auction for "a Crown Graphic I
can't open"  the truth is he did get it open and showed it.  It was a
Crown Special.  I bought it for $161.00.

Les