[LargeFormat] A rich mans hobby!

Joseph O'Neil largeformat@f32.net
Fri Oct 24 12:24:37 2003

> From about 3 years up until about 1 year ago large format stuff was dropping
>in price (Ebay), but it seems large format stuff has changed and it's going
>back up in price, especially in the "LARGE" large format stuff.   There also
>seems to be a lot more suppliers cropping up (like the link I sent you),
>supplying things that were previously available.

-snip-

         IMO, it's been more than a year that all LF gear is going
up.   Example, 10 to 15 years ago, you could buy used spped graphic lens
boards at camera shows in Detriot or Toronto to 25 cents each (if you
shopped on Sunday, an hour before closing,a nd offered to buy 10 at a time  :)

         Today however, you will be hard pressed to find any of these, and
if you do, last year, the going rate for a beat up speed & crown graphic
lens board averages $25 Cdn  / $15 US - or more.  At least, last year in
both Toronto and Detriot used camera shows, that is what I found.

         I also find, at least to me, as more and more goes digital, the
interest in anythig and everythign large format grows, which to me, is
probally a good thing.  It may put prices up, but it may also ensure a
steady supply in the future of both film & equipment.

joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca
http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
Una salus victis, nullam sperare salutem