[LargeFormat] Eskofot Ultragon

Jim Hemenway largeformat@f32.net
Thu Oct 23 21:08:38 2003

Clive:

I just now pulled mine out of the "tiny" 8x10 case.  It's marked
Eskofot-Ultragon, f9 210mm with a marked iris, f9 to f64.

I again screwed a tapered cable release into the Alphax and yup, it
works.  The cable release also has a larger diameter external straight
thread for some sort of screw on, rather than screw in, cable release.

This is for my Kodak Master camera with the lensboards that are made in
a similar fashion as are automobile license plates.  Steve Grimes
mounted a flange on the lensboard into which he screwed the shutter.
Then he fabricated a ring which is threaded inside and out.  The ring
screws into the front of the Alphax and then the lens screws into the ring.

It's big... the front of the lens stands approximately 2 1/2 inches
proud of the lensboard.

I glued the 150 into a piece of black plastic to use with my baby speed
Graphic with the focal plane shutter.  Haven't used it yet as I'm still
too busy with the 11x14.

Thanks for the compliment about the photo which looks soooo much better
on the light table. I'm a little embarrassed to show my old scan of it
on the web.

Jim