[LargeFormat] how short is a rail

Dave Hornford largeformat@f32.net
Sun Sep 14 15:14:05 2003

I have a couple of custom rails for my Sinar A. I took a rail extension to a
friend with a very nifty metal cutter and he had his staff measure all the
parts & cut a rail to the length I want.

Went down this path to carry the Sinar in a backpack without a length of
useless rail making packing impossible.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: largeformat-admin@f32.net [mailto:largeformat-admin@f32.net]On
Behalf Of philip lambert
Sent: September 3, 2003 1:24 PM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] how short is a rail

I was considering a cheap Sinar to use with a bag bellows, a Calumet
rollfilm  back and some Super Angulon lenses.  I am trying to get more
rising front than my Century Graphic permits.
What is the shortest rail Sinar produced? A short rail makes for a more
compact 5x4. I could carry a second rail of the same size.
Is it a simple matter to bolt on an extension rail when a Symmar lens is
used?  Can a rail be cut down or are both ends vital?  Thanks for any
comments.
Whilst I write, hallo Uncle Dick did your parcel arrive yet?

Philip

---