[LargeFormat] Auto Graflex RB Model Identification

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Sep 12 17:18:35 2003

Perhaps Les in tuned in and can answer this one as he is a Graflex
fan.  There is a new addition to the cameras here - a 4x5 Auto Graflex RB.
The latest patent date on a plate on the bottom of the camera is 1913. It
has a later Graflok back grafted on and a flip up lens cover that has no
side bellows. There are (unfortunately) no movements on the front standard.

It is a real delight to use and I have taken a few shots with it already.
Will probably post one up in the f32 Forum together with some photos of the
camera when I can grab a few moments. The lens is a couple of Series VII
Protar cells - both the same focal length and appear to be of the same era
as the camera.

There is a detent that seems as though it should lock the back in position.
It certainly allows you to place the back in the correct position but the
back tends to rotate if you touch it accidentally when using it handheld.
There is a little sprung button on the rear of the body that if pressed
allows the back to revolve freely. Maybe the button pin is worn down a bit?
Perhaps this is a common problem with the cameras - comments from users
welcome.