[LargeFormat] Pins for Reducing Back

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jul 27 18:14:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benno Jones" <benno@bjonesphoto.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 10:07 AM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Pins for Reducing Back

> I found a 4x5 back for my B&J 5x7 flatbed but it only has
the pins that fit
> into the metal fittings on one side.  Any idea where I can
find these little
> guys or what would make a good substitute?
>
> Thanks,
> Benno Jones

  I think B&J are the same as the ones used on Kodak 2D
cameras. Try a hardware store for pins used to fix gears in
place. The most likely material to make them from is drill
stock. You can probably find cheap drills the right diameter
and cut the base off to the right length.
  Really complete hardware stores are getting rarer. A
really good one near me closed not long ago probably due to
competition from Home Depot. Home Depot is great for a lot
of stuff but doesn't have the selection of oddments a _real_
hardware store has.
  Hobby shops are also good places to check for small or
unusual hardware especially those specializing in model
railroads.
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA