[LargeFormat] Shutter Release Cables for Betax and Alphax Wanted

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jul 25 06:48:01 2003

Dear All,

As we are again in the realms of "For Sale Friday" here goes.....

Am looking for shutter release cables for Betax and Alphax shutters. I have
posted this request on the f32.net Forum at http://www.f32.net/discus/ and
someone did try to help out but it turned out that the cables had a tapered
end in common with most contemporary release cables.

The cables for Alphax and Betax shutters have a parallel or "square"
threaded business end and a relatively long throw to trip the self cocking
mechanism. I did have a couple of these that did the trick but have managed
to lose my last one on a recent field trip in Wales. If someone comes
across a damp lens cap and a release cable with a square end then please
return 'em!

The best place to find the cables would probably be in a junk box at your
local long established camera emporium if you are in North America. Perhaps
the next time you visit you would be so kind as to ask the staff if you can
have a rummage through their old cables.

These cables are uncommon in the UK as there were not too many of the
larger Alphax and Betax shuttered lenses imported.

Happy to pay the going rate (whatever that is!) + shipping.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers, Clive