[LargeFormat] Summer in the City

Vincent Dobson largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jul 17 08:36:07 2003

I always carry my film in a cooler.  It works great and most thieves won't
break in a car to steal a cooler.  It has one advantage I hope you don't
need it for --- I had a bad car wreck on '93 - in hospital 8 weeks = S-10
totaled from hitting a big truck head on (we were both doing about 45 mph -
I had fallen asleep).  My camera equipment was fine and I still use that
same cooler today.

<:)Philip, are you saying its dangerous to the film to leave film
<:)in the trunk
<:)these hot summer months?  I have started leaving a 35mm kit in the trunk
<:)for that unplanned inspiration and now I wonder.  Same for sheet
<:)film?  Are
<:)you saying that if I drive somewhere on vacation, I should
<:)protect the film
<:)as if it were a perishable sandwich?

Vince Dobson
Visions In Nature