[LargeFormat] BW 4x5 processing

Stan McQueen largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 15 17:20:59 2003

At 02:38 PM 7/15/2003, you wrote:
>I talked to JOBO about this issue.....  using 2509N reels.  They told me
>that some guys have luck with 6 sheets and some do not.  Seems un
>predictable.  I use 4 most of the time, but have used 6 without dire
>consequences and certainly no streaks.  Watch out for developer
>exhaustion... there is a lot of film in there and not too much chemistry.
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net
>
>          One warning however - those Jobo series 2500 reels that hold up to
>6 sheets at once - don't do it.  I have uneven results if I ever load up
>all six sheets at once.  I only load a max of 4 sheets per reel - always
>leaving the middle empty.  It always works better for me that way.  Dunno
>why, just works better.
>joe

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I have developed 12 sheets at a time
with no problem (2-2509N reels in a 2551 tank). I've also developed 6
sheets in combination with 2 rolls of 35mm. (This was actually E-6, though,
not b&w, so I don't know if that makes a difference. But when I've done 12
sheets, it is generally b&w.)

Stan

Photography by Stan McQueen
http://www.smcqueen.com