[LargeFormat] Summer in the City

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 15 13:34:48 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ole Tjugen" <oftjugen@online.no>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Summer in the City

> At least the Bergheil has rise and shift, and interchangeable lenses
through an ingenious bayonet. I think I'll try to have one made for a
> 90mm angulon, so I can use it on mine...

I realise now that I saw a Bergheil on Ebay and did not bid because there
were no lenses and it was clear the mounting was a special bayonet - I had
no idea where to get one.  For a Graphic I can cut my own panels
(lensboards ) that actually work.  And sometimes original ones on Ebay..

Incidentally I had a Thornton Pickard quarter plate big black single lens
reflex with a 6-inch Triotar with some rise possible and it came with a
rollfilm back but the lens was fixed, I don't think the construction would
permit a wideangle lens but a TeleXenar might have worked.

Now a modern Arca Swiss would be nice, light,competent and unfortunately the
same price as a decent used car.

It's very hot here, not a drop of rain anywhere, the lake is drying up  (I
have been watching too much film of the Serengeti).  The only animals we see
are foxes and squirrels often and badgers if you get lucky.  I mean to keep
a camera with a long lens to hand but the foxes mostly like twilight anyway.
The one I saw last week actually had almost no brush to his tail and a
couple of visible stripes up his body. Another, smaller, one just lay in the
grass and watched me waving but would not even stand up.  PL