[LargeFormat] BW 4x5 processing

Joseph O'Neil largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 15 10:01:24 2003

>I don't think you can go wrong with a Jobo. I use a CPP-2 with Lift and
>Expert
>Drum for 4x5 developing. The key is consistency. The CPP-2 is about 38" long
>with drain hoses and lift dump on the left end. The Expert Drum is excellent
>and chemistry requirements are minimal.

         I'll second the Jobo drum setup.  Now i just use the Jobo drums
and reels, and I use an old roller base (forget the manufactuer at the
moment), and it works great.
         I too am limited for room, and the smaller motorized base takes up
a lot less room than a whole Jobo processor.

         Teh Jobo drum and reels are expensive, but they do save yo money
in the long run on chemistry.  I process up to 8 sheets of  HP5 or Tri-X at
once, using only 10mm of concentrated HC-110 syrup in my Jobo.

         One warning however - those Jobo series 2500 reels that hold up to
6 sheets at once - don't do it.  I have uneven results if I ever load up
all six sheets at once.  I only load a max of 4 sheets per reel - always
leaving the middle empty.  It always works better for me that way.  Dunno
why, just works better.
joe

www.oneilphoto.on.ca
www.multiboard.com/~joneil