[LargeFormat] Majestic Tripods (was Re: Biggest is Best Maybe?)

Jim Hemenway largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 26 23:15:01 2003

Hi Clive:

I thought that I had two Majestic tripods until I read their labels so
that I could answer your question.

The first is a Majestic with three single legs.  I've had it for a few
years.
http://www.hemenway.com/Tripods/Majestic-1.jpg
http://www.hemenway.com/Tripods/Majestic-2.jpg

It's sturdy enough for the 11x14 Korona but I like this recent purchase
a lot more for the 11x14:
http://www.hemenway.com/Tripods/Riess-Majestic-1.jpg
http://www.hemenway.com/Tripods/Riess-Majestic-2.jpg
http://www.hemenway.com/Tripods/Riess-Majestic-3.jpg

As you can see, it's really a Reiss with a Majestic head and is much
easier on the shoulder when carried up there, sans Korona.  I carry the
Korona with my left hand, the tripod over my right shoulder, and the
canvas bag with filmholders, meters, reading glasses and my especially
modified darkcloth from a black XXXXL sweatshirt dangling from the
tripod legs.  I'm good for 7-10 minutes of carrying it that way.

I found a source for a cart for the whole lot and expect to get it in
mid-July and will then replace the dinky wheels with something larger.

I don't really need Majestic-1 so it's for sale at the $130 (plus
shipping) which I paid for it, if anyone is interested.
--

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

--

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com