[LargeFormat] Linhof query

William Wiseman largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jun 20 22:46:52 2003

> Dear Neices and Nephews,
>
>     I have been staring with longing at a secondhand Linhof Technika
> at a
> SNIP
>

>     Is this common for Technikas seen in other parts of the world? Is
> it
> common for one particular run? If it is a normal fault of chrome
> plating,
> why do I not see it on old Leicas, Canons, Nikons, etc. Whay did
> Linhof not
> use just a black plating or paint? Is there a cure?
>
>     Answers please on the back of an electron to
>
>      Uncle Dick

Uncle Dick,

You might want to take a look at:

www.cameraquest.com/techs.htm

He talks about identifying models and the corrosion you mention. If you
check the main part of the Camera quest site there is a section on
other Linhof models, some on Speed Graphics and a comparison of the two
types.

JeffW.