[LargeFormat] The Czar's Photographer

Slobodan Dimitrov largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jun 13 09:49:11 2003

On my paternal side, we migrated from southern Russia a little over 400
years ago, to Bulgaria for a better life. Figure that one out, living
under the Ottomans was preferable to living under the czars!
But then, the Romanovs were a bit hard to take. While western historism
likes presenting the reign of Ivan the Awesome as a pathology and an
example of the Slavic character, it doesn't say anything of his willing
hands in the presentations. The Romanovs figure prominently in the
butchery in order to advance themselves.
Slobodan Dimitrov