[LargeFormat] The Czar's Photographer

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jun 13 02:48:56 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Kalish" <kaliushkin@att.net>
To: "LF listserv submission" <largeformat@f32.net>
Cc: "Kalish, Dan" <kaliushkin@worldnet.att.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 8:17 PM
Subject: [LargeFormat] The Czar's Photographer

> Richard, you're very lucky to know your grandparents.
>
> Please explain their age: if they left Russia in 1915 and
were 15 years old,
> that would make them 103 now.  I imagine they're a bit
younger.

> My paternal grandparents were from Belaruse and used the
name Kaliushkin.  I
> was lucky to know them as I was growing up.  Jews didn't
have it easy under
> the czar so my grandparents never expressed nostalgia for
the days before
> the revolution.
>
> Dan

  My grandparents are long dead, they were young but adults
when the left Russia. They immigrated to the US after the
revolution although there are some puzzles there. My dad,
for instance, fought in WW-1 evidently for the French but I
never knew the details; he wouldn't talk about it. Actually,
there are many puzzles.
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA