[LargeFormat] Re: may or may not develop

Jim Hemenway largeformat@f32.net
Wed May 14 17:18:27 2003

Al Gebra threat thwarted!

Apparently a teacher has been arrested in the UK for possession of
compasses, protractors and rulers.

It's claimed he is a member of the Al Gebra movement
 ...bearing weapons of math instruction.

(Sorry folks... after Eve's message I'm unable to control myself.)

While I'm at it, did you all hear about the hospital administrator in
California who, upon opening a case of newly arrived surgical masks,
found that they were made in China!

On topic, has anyone ever had problems with filmholder light leaks which
seem to appear with some of my older 11x14 filmholders when the slide is
withdrawn... while the holders are in the camera?  The leak patterns on
the film are thin and are found on the film, top to bottom, near the
"handle" end of the holder.  I hope that I'm making sense.

I've never taken a filmholder apart, is there some sort of felt, etc.,
inside which can be replaced?
--

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com