[LargeFormat] Confused Uncle Seeks Truth

Jim Brick largeformat@f32.net
Sat May 3 22:32:16 2003

Unk,

Enhancing filters. Tiffen, B+W, HiTech, etc. I have and use B+W and Tiffen.
I also have some from the inventor of the "didymium" filter, Howard G.
Ross. See:

http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/filters.html

These filters have roughly a 1/2 stop correction factor. My Tiffens & B+Ws
are 1.4, my didymiums are 1.8 .

Under the right circumstances, these filters can give an outstanding
effect. And you cannot look through them to determine what the film will
see. Experience is the only way. Each manufacturer has a different quality.
my B+W's are different from my Tiffen's, both of which are w-a-y different
from my didymium's.

Jim