[LargeFormat] Wollensak Extreme Wide Angle Lenses

philip.lambert largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 21 11:46:28 2003

 my version in the Rapax shutter does. When it's opened up to 12.5, you can
see that the aperture is nowhere near fully open. You just remove a tiny
retaining screw and it allows the aperture to open
> fully - which by the looks of it is wider even than f9. There's no problem
with a dim ground glass.

One of my lenses looks like it could open wider.  Where is the screw you
mention?
Another lens I use is a Sekor 90mm f3.5 (I guess originally from a Seiko
shutter) remounted in a small Compur shutter whose aperture scale starts at
f5.6 but the iris opens a few clicks wider as though an internal limiter had
been taken out. Certainly the ground glass is bright. I just (hopefully)
bought an f2.8 80mm Sekor on Ebay  to mount on a Century Graphic but would
use it at f16 to cover 6x7. (Corners?)   Focussing should be easy.
My 75mm f8 S.Angulon on the other hand is up for sale, just too dim. My
cheap Polaroid 75mm Rodenstock f4.5 is better. It's one of the entertaining
things about technical cameras - you can experiment with lenses never
intended for your camera.
At the moment I am wondering about a Nikon 35mm PC widefield lenses for
which I made a bayonet mount for the Graphic.  The corners vignette at f3.5.
I wonder how much of the field is sharp at f32. No shutter of course. I
wonder whether I should just wave my hat up and down for a half-second.
Might do better with a darkslide. Maybe need a x4 polariser, or cease using
400 ISO film. PL